Upper Division students and their teachers begin the school day with Morning Meeting (8:15- 8:30) every day except for Tuesday. Morning Meeting provides a time for the logistics of attendance taking and announcement making, it gives us all the chance to start the day together, and it allows for the opportunity to have four short presentations a week – presentations by teachers, parents, outside speakers, individual students, or whole classes or grade levels, Morning Meeting provides an important window into the life of the Upper Division. It is always a highlight of my day.
Parents are welcome to come to Morning Meeting, provided that they sit in the top rows on the side sections of seats – and that they turn off their cell phones.
To whet your appetite, I am providing below a partial list of topics of recent and upcoming Upper Division Morning Meetings. Please check Friday Notes each week for a complete listing of Morning Meeting presentations.
- VII Modern and Classical Languages Trip to the MFA
- How to Spot Fake News?
- VIII English “This I Believe” essays
- #powerofwords – the importance of saying thank you and telling people they are important to you before the end of the year
- Mock Caldecott Award
- Grade VI Book Character Day
- Don’t Be An Armadillo – tips for public speaking
We look forward to seeing you in Morning Meeting sometime!